Rave party: Actor among 44 test positive for drugs
Apurva Agnihotri and cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi's son Angad Bedi tested positive for drugs consumed at the Juhu rave party.
Mumbai: Film actors, son of former cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi, a fashion designer and DJs were among the 44 people who tested positive for drugs consumed at a high-profile rave party at a posh hotel in Juhu last month, police said on Saturday.
Actors Apurva Agnihotri, Anshuman Jha, Parth Sharma, Amit Gaur, famous fashion designer Rocky S, cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi's son Angad Bedi, celebrities Rahul Dahia, Kartik Jobanputra, DJ Brothers Dipesh Sharma and Rakesh Sharma and the hotel director Vishay Handa were among the 44 people who tested positive for drugs, police sources said.
The two persons, who tested negative for the drugs, were identified as Amrit Sagar, grandson of Ramanand Sagar, director of television serial 'Ramayan' and Rahul Sughand.
As many as 44 out of the 92 people, who had been rounded up during the rave party at Oakwood Premier Hotel on May 20, have tested positive for drugs, making their arrest inevitable, the sources added.
However, since the party-goers are not accused of possessing commercial quantity of drugs, they would get bail after the arrest, sources said.
According to police, they can later apply for drug rehabilitation in a government hospital as per section 64 (A) of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. They can then apply to the court for exemption from further action.
Police received samples for 46 of the 92 people, who attended the 'sundown' party. 44 of the 46 males tested positive for the drugs consumption, police said.
Out of the 44 who tested positive, 27 had consumed cannabis, one MDMA (better known as 'Ecstasy', a drug usually taken in a pill form) while 16 had consumed MDMA as well as cannabis.
The results of 46 others, including two IPL cricketers, Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma (both played for Pune Warriors India) and 38 women have not been received yet, police added.
According to police, these 46 persons were taken to the civic-run Cooper Hospital after they were rounded up along with 46 others partying at the hotel. The rest were taken to JJ Hospital and Bhabha Hospital.
The hospitals took urine and blood samples to test alcohol presence and the same samples were also sent to Kalina Forensic Laboratory for drug tests. The results of 46 men were received yesterday, police said.
A day after the raid, police had also arrested Vishay Handa, the director of the hotel, under the NDPS Act.
Of the 4,000 (music) tracks seized from DJ brothers Ramesh Sharma and Dipesh Sharma of Designer Hippies at the party, 95 per cent of the tracks were of trance music.
A rave is essentially an unofficial party held without permission, usually outdoors or in basements and is known for the use of trance music, drugs and psychedelic lights.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18