Dravid, Kumble land in Jaipur with families for IPL match
Rajasthan Royals' Warne, Watson and Smith, will arrive on Friday evening.
Jaipur: The Bangalore Royal Challengers team on Friday arrived in Jaipur ahead of their game against the Rajasthan Royals in the city on Saturday.
The players including skipper Rahul Dravid and senior bowler Anil Kumble have come with their families.
Following the serial bombs blasts in Jaipur on Tuesday there were some speculations that the match might be shifted to some other venue.
The Royal Challengers had offered that the match be shifted to Bangalore after the blasts but the Indian Premier League management turned the offer down
Foreign players in the Rajasthan Royals camp, including skipper cum coach Shane Warne, Shane Watson and Graeme Smith, are due to arrive in Jaipur on Friday evening after a break in Goa.
On Thursday, IPL Chairman and Commissioner Lalit Modi had said that no foreign player of Rajasthan Royals team was quitting the league following the serial bomb blasts on in Jaipur.
"The players had queries on the security arrangements and have been briefed about the same. They are happy now. They will be going to Jaipur for the match. The Bangalore team is also coming for the match. We have spoken to the Rajasthan Chief Minister and Home Secretary VS Singh. The private security agencies employed by us are also working on providing foolproof security. Everything will be fine by tomorrow," Modi said.
Earlier, Rajasthan Royals Team Manager Darren Berry was quoted by Macquarie National News in Australia as saying that Warne, Watson, Smith along with him were planning to quit from the IPL following Tuesday's bomb blasts in Jaipur.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India