Ready to Help Pakistan Root Out Terrorists, Says Rajnath Singh
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said India is ready to help Pakistan eradicate terrorism from its soil if the neighbouring country felt it was not able to do so.
File photo of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressing a press conference in Srinagar. (PTI)
Bengaluru: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said India is ready to help Pakistan eradicate terrorism from its soil if the neighbouring country felt it was not able to do so.
"We have nothing against the people of Pakistan. We are only against terrorism getting a free hand there. If Pakistan wants to eradicate terrorism and is not able to do so, tell us. We are willing to help you root out terrorism in your country," Singh said at a function in Bengaluru.
The Home Minister said India tried to build a good relationship with Pakistan by inviting their leaders and taking them into confidence but the neighbouring country took undue advantage of the olive branch extended.
But despite that there is no hate towards the people of Pakistan, he added.
Singh said the surgical strikes carried out by the Army against terror launch pads across the Line of Control showed the world that India is not a weak country.
"Pakistani terrorists came into India and killed 19 of our jawans. People asked why was the government sitting quiet. But we have shown the world that India is not a weak country now," he said.
Recommended For You
- India Set to Play Sri Lanka Again; This Time in T20I Tri-Series With Bangladesh
- Virat Kohli Surprised Me by Not Picking Bhuvneshwar and Rahane: Michael Holding
- Kohli Second Indian Batsman to Reach 900 Points in ICC Rankings
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person