Record-breaking twins born from eggs frozen 12 years ago
Monica Zapotoczny gave birth to the twins from the eggs she had frozen at the age of 33, providing hope to cancer survivors.
London: Miracle twins! An Argentinian woman has given birth to a record-breaking set of twins from eggs frozen 12 years ago, providing hope to cancer survivors wanting to become parents. Forty-five-year-old Monica Zapotoczny, from Buenos Aires, gave birth to the twins from the eggs she had frozen at the age of 33 - surpassing the previous record of seven years.
Zapotoczny and her husband Guillermo Husak, had thought that they would never have a child of their own after several failed attempts at In vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment, the 'Daily Mail' reported. The couple had one final attempt last year and Zapotoczny became pregnant with non identical twins - Mercedes and Guadalupe, who were born in January by cesarean section.
Although eggs were frozen for up to two decades, they are susceptible to damage as they become more fragile the older they get. Offering new hope to cancer survivors who are holding off having children, the news also comes as a boost to career women who delay having children to focus on their job. "It was a miracle. The joy we feel is indescribable, our family is complete. I hope other women who freeze their eggs can take hope from this that their dreams can one day come true," Zapotoczny said.
Around 1,000 babies have been born from frozen eggs worldwide so far, the report said.
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18