Recruitment scam: NDA Commandant transferred
Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday ordered the immediate transfer of NDA Commandant Lt Gen Jatinder Singh.
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday ordered the immediate transfer of NDA Commandant Lieutenant General Jatinder Singh to ensure a fair investigation into the alleged recruitment scam in the prestigious training academy in Pune.
"This shifting is with a view to ensuring a free and fair investigation in the alleged bribery racket in the recruitment of Group 'C' posts in the NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune," Defence Ministry spokesperson N Aao said in New Delhi.
The Minister took the action after several employees of the academy including the staff officer of Lt Gen Singh were arrested by CBI for allegedly taking bribes.
The CBI had arrested Lieutenant General Jatinder Singh's Staff Officer Colonel Kulbir Singh along with five others for allegedly receiving bribe from candidates during a recruitment drive at NDA last month.
The Defence Ministry has taken serious exception to the fact that the Staff Officer of the NDA Commandant was allegedly involved in the recruitment scam.
The in-charge of tri-services training academies including NDA - Integrated Defence Staff Chief Vice Admiral Shekhar Sinha - had also met the Defence Minister over the issue.
Establishment Officer of NDA Suhas Shankar Waghmare was also arrested by CBI last week over allegations that he had taken money from over 15 candidates in the alleged recruitment scam.
CBI has alleged that Col Singh in conspiracy with the other accused had obtained illegal gratification of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh from each candidate to give them appointment for subordinate staff like cooks, gardeners, lab attendants, library attendants and cadet orderlies.
The accused persons had allegedly taken signatures of those candidates, who had agreed to pay bribe, on blank sheets and later filled them with correct answers, it said.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again