Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel grabs pole position for Singapore GP
While Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third
Singapore: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel claimed pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix on Saturday, besting his fading championship rivals under lights at the Marina Bay Circuit.
Already boasting a big lead in the Formula One drivers' championship standings and looking for his third straight win in Singapore, Vettel showed his dominance by taking pole despite not even bothering to do the last flying lap of the session.
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third.
Red Bull's Mark Webber was fourth fastest and Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton fifth, ahead of the Ferrari pair of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology