Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel grabs pole position for Singapore GP
While Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third
Singapore: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel claimed pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix on Saturday, besting his fading championship rivals under lights at the Marina Bay Circuit.
Already boasting a big lead in the Formula One drivers' championship standings and looking for his third straight win in Singapore, Vettel showed his dominance by taking pole despite not even bothering to do the last flying lap of the session.
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third.
Red Bull's Mark Webber was fourth fastest and Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton fifth, ahead of the Ferrari pair of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease