Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel grabs pole position for Singapore GP
While Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third
Singapore: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel claimed pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix on Saturday, besting his fading championship rivals under lights at the Marina Bay Circuit.
Already boasting a big lead in the Formula One drivers' championship standings and looking for his third straight win in Singapore, Vettel showed his dominance by taking pole despite not even bothering to do the last flying lap of the session.
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg qualified second, a tenth of a second behind Vettel, with Lotus' Romain Grosjean third.
Red Bull's Mark Webber was fourth fastest and Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton fifth, ahead of the Ferrari pair of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial