Red Bull's Webber fastest in final practice at Montreal
Mark Webber's best lap at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was 1 minute, 17.895 seconds.
Montreal: Mark Webber of Red Bull posted the quickest lap in an abbreviated and wet final practice session at the Canadian Grand Prix on Saturday. Webber's best lap at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was 1 minute, 17.895 seconds.
Adrian Sutil of Force India was second fastest at 1:18.248, followed by defending race champion Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes at 1:18.732. Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was fourth, Formula One leader Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull fifth, and Nico Rosberg of Mercedes sixth.
The scheduled one-hour session was reduced to 30 minutes so a barrier along the track could be repaired after a crash during a support race. That ate up some valuable information-gathering time for the 11 teams ahead of the early afternoon qualifying session. Most of the top drivers waited until the final five minutes to go onto the track.
Rosberg, the winner at Monaco two weeks ago, will be seeking a fourth straight pole position. The track was wet from overnight rain and a few drops were still falling as the cars went out. Warmer weather with a only a small chance of rain is forecast for the race on Sunday.
Race stewards announced Webber and Valtteri Bottas of Williams were reprimanded for ignoring a yellow flag during practice on Friday. The flag went up after Pastor Maldonado crashed his Williams.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category