Reema Kagti: As a child I wanted to be like Big B
Kagti is ecstatic that she got to work with Bachchan while she was an assistant director.
Mumbai: Director Reema Kagti has revealed that as a child, she wanted to be like megastar Amitabh Bachchan and would imitate him. Reema, who is looking forward to the release of her upcoming movie 'Talaash' starring Aamir Khan, Rani Mukherjee and Kareena Kapoor, has also expressed that she would like to direct Bachchan someday.
"When I was a kid I used to see all 'masala' commercial Hindi films. I loved Mr Amitabh Bachchan, I was in fact obsessed. I wanted to be like him. As a kid I used to imitate him, I used to have middle parting hair, try and speak dialogues from his films," Kagti told PTI.
"I was influenced by Hindi films and world cinema. I am a film buff. I don't like horror. I find love stories boring," she said.
Kagti is ecstatic that she got to work with Bachchan while she was an assistant director. "I have worked with him while I was assisting for 'Lakshya' and 'Armaan'. But I never got time to talk to him or tell him that I am his huge fan," she said.
'Lakshya' (2004), directed by Farhan Akhtar, had a fictionalised backdrop of the 1999 Kargil conflict in which Bachchan playing the role of Col. Sunil Damle. In Honey Irani's 2003 directorial venture 'Armaan', he was seen playing the role of a doctor.
Reema said she would love to direct the 70-year-old megastar but has to think of something out-of-the-box for him. "I think you will have to come up with something very special, as he has done everything. So you will have to be very special to grab his fancy," Kagti said.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18