Reema Nath made Husain act in 'Mohabbat'
The maverick artist also painted the poster for her father's 1947 film
Writer-director Reema Rakesh Nath is perhaps the only one to have directed M.F. Husain in a film. Not only that, Husain also painted the poster for her father's 1947 moive Romeo and Juliet.
The film was Mohabbat (1997) and it featured Akshaye Khanna, Sanjay Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit.
"It was a scene where Madhuri was to hold an exhibition of her paintings. I asked him to appear as M.F. Husain in the scene. Perhaps it was because Madhuri was involved Husain saab readily agreed," Nath said
"He not only made an appearance in the film, he also arranged for the gallery and put all his paintings up. Yes, all the paintings that you saw in Mohabbat that were supposedly done by Madhuri were actually Husain saab's. It was great fun directing him. He was full of vivacious suggestions. This shot with Husain saab was my mahurat shot," she added.
Husain died in London on 9th June. Reema, who is married to Madhuri's business manager Rakesh Nath, remembers him as a "generous soul".
"He was warm-hearted and so full of life...we all will miss him," she said.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology