Refused Rs 50 as bribe, constable runs over man
The NHRC issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
The Commission sought a report from Director General of Police (UP) and Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) within four weeks.
According to report, the NHRC spokesperson said, a constable gave a severe beating to a fruit vendor when he expressed his inability to pay a bribe of Rs 50 to him. The incident took place in front of City Railway Station in Allahabad.
"The Commission took cognizance of this incident on the basis of a media report, forwarded by a complainant, carrying a photograph wherein the constable is trying to run over the victim under his motorcycle thereby subjecting him to torture," the spokesperson said.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS