DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Refused Rs 50 as bribe, constable runs over man
The NHRC issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
The Commission sought a report from Director General of Police (UP) and Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) within four weeks.
According to report, the NHRC spokesperson said, a constable gave a severe beating to a fruit vendor when he expressed his inability to pay a bribe of Rs 50 to him. The incident took place in front of City Railway Station in Allahabad.
"The Commission took cognizance of this incident on the basis of a media report, forwarded by a complainant, carrying a photograph wherein the constable is trying to run over the victim under his motorcycle thereby subjecting him to torture," the spokesperson said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand