Refused Rs 50 as bribe, constable runs over man
The NHRC issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Police in connection with an alleged case of police atrocity in Allahabad.
The Commission sought a report from Director General of Police (UP) and Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) within four weeks.
According to report, the NHRC spokesperson said, a constable gave a severe beating to a fruit vendor when he expressed his inability to pay a bribe of Rs 50 to him. The incident took place in front of City Railway Station in Allahabad.
"The Commission took cognizance of this incident on the basis of a media report, forwarded by a complainant, carrying a photograph wherein the constable is trying to run over the victim under his motorcycle thereby subjecting him to torture," the spokesperson said.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Champions League: Lionel Messi Hat-Trick Punishes Pep Guardiola's Error-Prone Manchester City
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- #PantsuitPosse Stages An Epic Flash-Mob Dance For Hillary Clinton In New York
- Court Puts Top Cops Under Probe in Kerala Bar Scam Case
- Crude Bomb Hurled at BJP Office in Thiruvananthapuram