Release Krishna water for TN: Jaya to AP
CHENNAI: Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Saturday requested her Andhra Pradesh counterpart to release Krishna water to meet the d..
CHENNAI: Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Saturday requested her Andhra Pradesh counterpart to release Krishna water to meet the drinking water requirements of Chennai city till October this year.
In a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Reddy on Saturday, Jayalalithaa said the combined water storage in the Chennai City Water Supply Reservoirs was about six tmcft against the full capacity of 11 tmcft. The present storage would not be adequate to meet the drinking water needs in the coming months.
Only 4.6 tmcft was received as against the annual entitlement of 12 tmcft during 201011, the chief minister added.
Stating that the storage position in all the reservoirs of Krishna Water Supply Project was comfortable, Jayalalithaa said it might not be difficult for the Andhra Pradesh government to release water from Kandaleru reservoir to meet the water requirements of Chennai.
Hence, she requested the government to release water from Kandaleru reservoir immediately, so as to get at least 1,000 cusecs at the Tamil Nadu border to meet the drinking water requirements of Chennai city till October.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly