Released from jail, man rapes, kills minor girl
The man, who was serving a sentence in a rape and murder case of a minor girl, was released from jail for his good behaviour.
Shirdi: A 32-year-old man, who was released from jail for his good behaviour after serving sentence in a rape and murder case of a minor girl, was again arrested for allegedly raping and killing a girl in Shirdi, police said on Sunday. Sunil Suresh alias Pappu Salve was arrested on Saturday for allegedly kidnapping a nine-year-old girl from Shirdi town of Ahmednagar district in Maharashtra on December 28, 2012 following which he raped her and then killed her.
Salve was arrested on Saturday near Manmad railway station in Nashik district by Shirdi police. He was later produced in Rahata local court which remanded him to police custody till January 17, police said. Earlier, Salve was arrested in 2003 for raping and murdering a minor girl in Sinnar area of Nashik district. Later, Nashik Sessions Court had awarded death sentence to him in the case. But he had appealed in the Bombay High Court against the sentence and was acquitted in the case, police sources said.
However, he was serving two jail terms - 10 years and seven years rigorous imprisonment each - for cases of rape and murder against him lodged in Ambad and Nashik police stations in 2002, police said. On account of his good behaviour, he was released from the Nashik road jail on May 28, 2012.
After being released from jail, Salve kidnapped the nine-year-old girl from Shirdi and allegedly raped and murdered her on December 28, 2012. He then threw the victim's body at an isolated place near Shirdi railway station. The decomposed body was recovered on Friday night, police said.
Additional Superintendent of Police Sunita Thakare had on Saturday said that a rape and murder case against Suresh will be tried by a fast-track court. Enraged over the incident, people in Shirdi took out a protest march on Saturday and demanded stern punishment for Salve.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test