'Reluctant Fundamentalist' to be released in India in April 2013
Mira Nair's much-anticipated film 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' is based on Mohsin Hamid's novel.
New Delhi: Mira Nair's much-anticipated film 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist', based on Mohsin Hamid's novel, will hit Indian screens in April 2013. To be distributed in India by PVR, the film has been already doing the rounds of festival circuits. Recently it was the closing film of the 43rd International film festival of India.
"It's an honour to be distributing 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' in India and we are thankful to Mira for trusting us with her film. We are very excited about the film's prospects in India and are keenly looking forward to its theatrical release," Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, Joint MD, PVR Limited, said in a statement.
The film was shot in Lahore, Istanbul, New York, Atlanta, Delhi and stars Kate Hudson, Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schrieber, Riz Ahmed, Shabana Azmi and Om Puri. The film is a touching and engaging story of a young man chasing corporate success on Wall Street. Post September 2011 tragedy in America, he finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor