Rembrandt van Rijn: Google doodles a portrait on his 407th birthday
The Google logo appears as an etching in the background of the Rembrandt van Rijn portrait.
New Delhi: To commemorate the 407th birth anniversary of one of the greatest painters of all time, Google has posted a portrait of the celebrated Dutch painter and printmaker Rembrandt van Rijn on its home page. The Google logo appears as an etching on the background.
Rembrandt van Rijn is regarded as one of the greatest storytellers in the history of art. At the beginning of his artistic career Rembrandt mainly painted portraits and a tenth of them were self portraits, but biblical themes formed the core of Rembrandt's oeuvre.
Born on 15 July 1606, Rembrandt van Rijn (Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn in full) was the fourth of six surviving children out. Four of his siblings died. Rembrandt didn't come from a family of artists or craftsman, as many of his contemporaries. His father was a miller and his mother came from a family of bakers.
His most famous works include: Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (1632), Belshazzar's Feast (1635), Night Watch (1642), Bathsheba at Her Bath (1654) and Syndics of the Drapers' Guild (1662).
Rembrandt died at the age of 63 on October 4, 1669 in Amsterdam.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right