DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Reports about Shekhar saying no to Cruz false
He clarifies that media reports about him refusing Penelope's film is untrue
Indian filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who made his mark in Hollywood with Elizabeth, is surprised at the reports claiming that he refused to helm Spanish actress Penelope Cruz's movie.
"Why would any director in his right mind say no to Penelope Cruz? I hear the media has been saying that. Not true," Shekhar, 65, wrote on his microblogging site Twitter.
A media report stated that Cruz had approached Kapur to direct her production venture based on Javier Moro's novel Passion India, but the director turned down the offer saying he was busy with Paani, which is likely to star Hrithik Roshan and Twilight actress Kristen Stewart.
After making his mark on Indian celluloid by directing critically acclaimed Masoom, box office hit masala sci-fi comedy Mr. India and reality-based Bandit Queen, Kapur embarked on a challenging journey in Hollywood with Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age and The Four Feathers.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users