Republic Day India: Google doodles a tiger with Google stripes
India's national animal the tiger glares at you from Google India's home page on India's 64th Republic Day.
New Delhi: On India's 64th Republic Day, India's national animal the tiger glares at you from Google India's home page and the symbol of the Republic, India Gate, decorates the bottom left corner of Google's Republic Day India doodle. The Google logo appears as stripes on the tiger's body.
Lotus, India's national flower, also appears in the jungle-like motif surrounding the tiger.
This is the third Republic Day doodle to feature on Google India's home page. In 2012 the Google doodle commemorating India's 63rd Republic showed National Bravery Award winning children riding on the backs of decorated elephants, quite like the actual parade on Rajpath, New Delhi. The Google logo appeared in rangoli-style in the background.
In 2010, the India Republic Day Google doodle depicted Republic Day action in the air with fighter aircraft decorating the sky with the Tricolour.
The Republic Day of India Google doodle will be visible to Google users in India.
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha