DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Resolve dam row by lowering tunnel
KOTTAYAM: Mullaperiyar dam activist C P Roy on Saturday said that the Kerala government should consider his suggestion of lowering..
KOTTAYAM: Mullaperiyar dam activist C P Roy on Saturday said that the Kerala government should consider his suggestion of lowering the level of the tunnel to ensure safety for Kerala and water for Tamil Nadu throughout the year.
Talking to reporters , C P Roy, who was expelled as chairman of the Mullaperiyar Agitation Council a few months ago, felt that the expert committee taking note of his suggestion came as a compliment. The lowering of the tunnel at 50 ft height as opposed to the present 106 ft would help Tamil Nadu get water to generate power throughout the year by paying royalty to Kerala, he said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs