Trade bodies to protest over FDI issue today
The government must take the hint from these protests and rollback the decision to allow FDI in retail, Anna said.
New Delhi: Traders across the country have joined the protest against the government's decision to allow FDI in retail. Around 10,000 trade bodies are set to participate in a 'Bharat Bandh' protest on Thursday. All major commercial establishments across the country will remain closed.
The announcement was made by the Confederation of All India Traders. Protest marches and 'dharnas' have been planned in different states.
In Delhi, traders are planning to stage a sit-in at Jantar Mantar. Activist Anna Hazare said the government must take the hint from these protests and rollback the decision to allow FDI in retail.
"Many states have shown their dissent towards the decision of the government to bring Foreign Direct Investment. Some people are protesting against it. The government should look at what the people are saying as this is a democracy," Anna said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology