Trade bodies to protest over FDI issue today
The government must take the hint from these protests and rollback the decision to allow FDI in retail, Anna said.
New Delhi: Traders across the country have joined the protest against the government's decision to allow FDI in retail. Around 10,000 trade bodies are set to participate in a 'Bharat Bandh' protest on Thursday. All major commercial establishments across the country will remain closed.
The announcement was made by the Confederation of All India Traders. Protest marches and 'dharnas' have been planned in different states.
In Delhi, traders are planning to stage a sit-in at Jantar Mantar. Activist Anna Hazare said the government must take the hint from these protests and rollback the decision to allow FDI in retail.
"Many states have shown their dissent towards the decision of the government to bring Foreign Direct Investment. Some people are protesting against it. The government should look at what the people are saying as this is a democracy," Anna said.
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away