Retd ITBP commandant jumps before Metro train, dies
Joshi, a resident of Jal Vayu Vihar in Greater Noida, was apparently in a state of depression, SP City Yogesh Singh said.
Noida: Retired Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) commandant BC Joshi on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a speeding Metro train in Noida, police said. Joshi, a resident of Jal Vayu Vihar in Greater Noida, was apparently in a state of depression, SP City Yogesh Singh said.
The ITBP Commandant (retd) jumped before a speeding Metro train at the Botanical Garden station at around 2:52 pm, he said. The driver applied the emergency brakes but he suffered serious injuries.
Joshi was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, the SP said adding it appeared to be a case of suicide. His relatives told police that he went for a morning walk but did not return till afternoon.
CCTV footage showed he was at the Metro station for nine minutes. Metro train services were affected for 10 minutes following the accident.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers