Right now I have 110 scripts: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
The 38-year-old actor is currently filming debutante director Shlok Sharma's 'Dabba' and Suparn Varma's 'Aatma'.
New Delhi: With nine movies lined up for release this year and 110 scripts lying with him, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is indeed a busy man and the actor says he now wants to take things slowly. The 38-year-old actor is currently filming debutante director Shlok Sharma's 'Dabba' and Suparn Varma's 'Aatma'. He
also has Ketan Mehta's 'Mountain Man' in his kitty.
"Right now I have 110 scripts. I don't like reading, so I ask my friends to read them. Currently, I am shooting 'Dabba' and I still have to shoot a song for 'Aatma' with Bipasha (Basu)," Nawazuddin told PTI.
"The only new film that I have signed is Ketan Mehta's 'Mountain Man'. I am taking things slowly. I don't want to sign all that is being offered to me. I know that if I go on the signing spree, then I will be finished in two years," he added.
Some of the actor's upcoming film's include Aamir Khan starrer 'Talaash', Anurag Khashyap produced 'Chittagong', 'Dekh Indian Circus' and 'Miss Lovely'. Having struggled for 14 years, Nawazuddin tasted fame post 'Kahaani' which released earlier this year. With Anurag Kashyap's 'Gangs of Wasseypur', he became a household name.
When asked which film he considers to be the turning point, he said, "'Kahaani' established me in the industry but 'Gangs of Wasseypur' made me a hero, a poster boy. I was getting small, frivolous roles before. I always aspired to be a hero and Anurag fulfilled my dream. So far things have been going pretty good. But I do realise that I have a long way to go," Nawazuddin said.
The actor's 'Chittagong' is releasing this Friday.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony