RIM launches BlackBerry Curve 9220 at Rs 10,990
Priced at Rs 10,990, the Curve 9220 is based on BlackBerry OS 7.1.
New Delhi: Struggling smartphone maker Research In Motion (RIM) unveiled a new device the BlackBerry Curve 9220 at an event in New Delhi on Wednesday. The phone was unveiled by Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif.
Priced at Rs 10,990, the Curve 9220 is based on BlackBerry OS 7.1. RIM claims that the 9220 has the longest battery life for any BlackBerry Curve smartphone.
The phone comes with a full QWERTY keyboard and includes a 2 megapixel rear camera. The phone unlike most new smartphones is not a 3G phone. It has a modest 2.44-inch display with 320x240 pixel resolution.
The phone has a dedicated BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) key and the camera integration allows direct BBM avatar update.
A feature that is rare for BlackBerry phones, the 9220 comes with built-in FM radio. It will be available in four colours: black, teal blue, fuchsia pink and pure white. Its memory is expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card.
The BlackBerry Curve 9220 will be first available in India from April 19 and RIM says that shipments have already started. The phone will go on sale in other markets in a few weeks.
This launch comes close on the heels of a big price cut for BlackBerry announced by RIM in India.
Recommended For You
- Pacer Sreesanth Denied NOC to Play in Scotland League
- Honor 6X Review: It Has All The SWAG That It Promises in Rs 12,999
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer Masterclass Floors Mischa Zverev
- Raees vs Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan Challenges the Khan Supremacy in Bollywood
- Yamaha FZ 25 Launched at Rs 1.19 lakh, Gets a 249cc Engine and Bold Styling