RIM relaunches app store as 'BlackBerry World', adds music and videos
BlackBerry World will have much more than just apps; it will now be home to Videos and Music as well.
New Delhi: BlackBerry-maker Reserach in Motion (RIM) has rebranded the BlackBerry App World web store, and has relaunched it as "BlackBerry World", which will have much more than just apps. BlackBerry World will now be home to Videos and Music as well. It is going to be the one-stop shop for all of your mobile entertainment needs.
The change of the name reflects a shift in the type of things users can purchase from the store as the company is coming up with BlackBerry 10.
"With BlackBerry World, there are various ways to browse, download, buy, and manage apps using a BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, or desktop or laptop computer - inspiration is at your fingertips. And if you find something you love and want to tell the world, you can easily share it with your friends over BBM, Facebook and Twitter. Also, you can simply tap smartphones together and invite your friends to download it - just like that," said RIM in a blog post.
The change will take place on the web storefront first and then will be rolled out to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry smartphones in the coming weeks. RIm further said, it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to appear.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology