DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Riteish: It was Salman's idea to create Veer Marathi
Riteish says it was Salman Khan who gave him the idea of creating a team for those in Marathi cinema.
Mumbai: Actor Riteish Deshmukh, who captains Veer Marathi, his team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL), says it was Salman Khan who gave him the idea of creating a team for those in Marathi cinema.
"Actually it was not my idea (to create the team). First of all Salman Khan told me 'why don't you take up the Marathi team'. He said it will be really good if I will come forward and take it up. From there I got the idea," said Riteish.
"Then Sohail Khan (also said so). I have worked with him and I love him. I love Salman. It is because of them that Veer Marathi is there in the CCL. Though I was a member of Mumbai Heroes, it was difficult to part ways and start a new team. Thanks to Sohail and Salman," Riteish said here Friday while making a formal announcement of his team and its players.
The CCL kicked off in Kochi Saturday and it will end March 12. There are a total of eight teams this time.
There is another new team this season - Bhojpuri Dabanggs, owned by actor-singer Manoj Tiwari.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish