DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ritu scored a hat-trick beating S'pore in Asia Cup
Ritu Rani scored a hat-trick as India spanked Singapore and won in the sixth Women's Junior Asia Cup Hockey C'ship.
Bangkok: Skipper Ritu Rani led form the front with a hat-trick as India spanked Singapore 9-0 for their second successive Group A win in the sixth Women's Junior Asia Cup Hockey Championship here.
Vice-captain Poonam Rani also scored three goals on Thursday as the team followed up its 15-0 win against Sri Lanka. Vandana Katariya scored off a sixth-minute penalty corner to open the scoring.
Seven minutes later, fellow forward Anupa Barla increased the lead with a field goal. Poonam scored off a penalty corner in the 22nd minute while Lily Chanu Mayengam added a field goal just before the break to ensure that India held a 4-0 lead.
Poonam pumped in two field goals within 10 minutes of resumption while captain Ritu Rani scored a hat-trick off penalty corners in an 11-minute span from the 57th minute in a match in which India enjoyed 95 per cent ball possession.
Though Singapore packed their defence, India scored frequently, converting six of the 15 penalty corners they forced.
In another Group A match, China beat Sri Lanka 21-0 while Korea defeated Pakistan 19-0 in a Group B game.
India will play against China on Monday before taking on Malaysia in their final league game the following day.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes