Rituparno Ghosh's unreleased movie to open Kolkata Film fest
19th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) will be thrown open with the screening of an unreleased film of Rituparno Ghosh.
Kolkata: Amid the presence of a galaxy of stars including the legendary Amitabh Bachchan, the 19th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) will be thrown open with the screening of an unreleased film of the iconic Rituparno Ghosh.
"Ritu da is no more with us. But he continues to live with his immortal creations. His unreleased film 'Taak Jhaank' (Sunglass) will be screened for the first time in the inaugural ceremony of the 19th Kolkata International Film Festival on that day," West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
Ghosh's satire 'Taak Jhaank' brings together the two veterans of Bollywood - Jaya Bachchan and Naseeruddin Shah for the very first time.
Maker of several acclaimed and award-winning films, Ghosh died May 30 following a heart attack.
The KIFF, scheduled to be inaugurated by Amitabh here Nov 10, would be graced by a number of luminaries including megastar Shah Rukh Khan - also the state's brand ambassador as well versatile actor Kamal Hassan.
Incidentally, the opening day of the fest will coincide with the international Test Match between India and West Indies at the Eden Gardens where batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar will be appearing for the last time before he hangs out his bat after playing the next -his 200th in Mumbai.
"Kolkata will be honoured to have a very eventful day on Nov 10. The cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar will be playing the last day of his 199th Test match at the Eden Gardens on that day.
"Kolkata's showpiece event, the KIFF will also be held on that day in the august presence of iconic Amitabh ji, Shah Rukh and Kamal Hassan. We are so lucky to have the presence of all those luminaries on a single day at Kolkata," added Banerjee.
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18