RK Anand quizzed again by vigilance bureau
The NGOC working chairman was interrogated in connection with alleged financial irregularities.
Ranchi: National Games Organising Committee (NGOC's) working chairman RK Anand was on Friday again interrogated by officers of Jharkhand Vigilance Bureau in connection with alleged financial irregularities in the purchase of equipment and other expenditure incurred for the 34th National Games held in February.
"He was interrogated during the day. Investigations (into the National Games scam) will be completed soon... after which we can be able to give some details," Inspector General of Police (Vigilance) MV Rao told PTI in Ranchi.
"We have questioned several persons like former sports director PC Mishra, NGOC office bearers SM Hashmi and Madhukant Pathak, besides several suppliers. There are a few more persons to be interrogated," Rao said. Anand had also appeared before the vigilance bureau in Ranchi on May 9.
The investigation into the scam started after Bhola Nath Singh, the General Secretary of Jharkhand Wrestling Association, had complained with the vigilance bureau last year accusing Anand, NGOC's organising secretary HM Hashmi, Treasurer Madhukant Pathak and Mishra of financial irregularities in the purchase of equipment for the games.
Based on his complaint, the vigilance bureau filed an FIR on October 6 against these persons and conducted raids on the premises of some of the NGOC office bearers.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN