Rohan Bopanna-Colin Fleming win doubles title at Marseille
Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy.
Marseille: Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy with a straight-sets win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jeal-Julien Rojer, here Sunday.
The second seeded Indo-British pair edged past the top seeds 6-4 7-6 (3) in the summit clash of the euro 528135 hard court event. Bopanna played with Fleming in the absence of regular partner Rajeev Ram.
The second seeds saved all the four breakpoints they faced in the match before prevailing in the second-set tie- breaker. It was eighth ATP doubles title for Bopanna, who has been ignored for India's Davis Cup tie against Indonesia.
Last year he won two titles -- Paris Masters and Dubai event -- with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi. Bopanna and Fleming shared euro 29,000 as prize money and earned 250 ranking points each.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw