Rohan Bopanna-Colin Fleming win doubles title at Marseille
Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy.
Marseille: Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy with a straight-sets win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jeal-Julien Rojer, here Sunday.
The second seeded Indo-British pair edged past the top seeds 6-4 7-6 (3) in the summit clash of the euro 528135 hard court event. Bopanna played with Fleming in the absence of regular partner Rajeev Ram.
The second seeds saved all the four breakpoints they faced in the match before prevailing in the second-set tie- breaker. It was eighth ATP doubles title for Bopanna, who has been ignored for India's Davis Cup tie against Indonesia.
Last year he won two titles -- Paris Masters and Dubai event -- with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi. Bopanna and Fleming shared euro 29,000 as prize money and earned 250 ranking points each.
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand