Rohit Shekhar files contempt plea against ND Tiwari
Rohit Shekhar alleged that ND Tiwari did not pay him Rs 25,000 as fine and expenses incurred by him on the Congress leader's DNA test.
New Delhi: Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be the biological son of ND Tiwari, on Thursday moved the Delhi High Court for launch of contempt proceedings against the veteran Congress leader for allegedly not paying him Rs 25,000 as fine and expenses incurred by him on Tiwari's DNA test as per the court's order.
"The defendant no 1 / contemnor (Tiwari) had not paid the costs amounting to Rs 25,000 and the amount of Rs 21,000 paid on his (Tiwari) behalf for travel expenses of his authorised representative to the Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad on June 1, 2012," said the plea of 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar.
Seeking initiation of contempt proceedings, Rohit referred to the High Court's April 27 order which did not only impose a cost of Rs 25,000 on Tiwari but had also said that police assistance might be taken for procuring his blood sample to ascertain the paternity claim. The 86-year-old leader was also to pay to Rohit the cost he incurred in the travel of his representative to the CDFD, Hyderabad to oversee the DNA test proceedings.
Later, Justice Reva Khetrapal announced the result of the DNA test in an open court saying "...as per the report, the Tiwari is the biological father of the plaintiff (Rohit) and the defendant no.2 (Ujjwala Sharma) is the biological mother."
Terming Tiwari's "conduct" and "attitude" as "disregarding," the plea said "the conduct of Tiwari must be dealt with in the strictest of terms by the court to curb this dangerous trend and pattern of continuous contempt of court rendering legal process endless and delivery of justice impossible."
Tiwari, Rohit and his mother are involved in bitter legal battles with Tiwari as they had filed various pleas against each other after the youth fist moved the High Court in 2008 for getting declared him his biological father.
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by CM Akhilesh
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President