Roja named among world's 10 Best Soundtracks
Rahman sees Lord Of The Rings as his natural progression into the West.
Mumbai: Music maestro AR Rahman's Roja has featured on Time magazine's 10 Best Soundtracks of All Times. Reacting to the news, Rahman said that future is unpredictable and you never know what it has in store for you.
"You never know what the world has in store for you. Suddenly you find Roja being selected as one of 10 best soundtracks in the world by Time magazine," Rahman said.
The long wait to see one of our popular musicians go West finally seems to be on the verge of ending. Rehman, who scored big points for his Bollywood explosion in Andrew Lloyd Webber's staged musical Bombay Dreams, is all set to make his full-fledged musical in Toronto.
"I like it when what I do here (India) is recognised abroad. The musical stage version of Lord Of The Rings happened in Toronto. I scored music for specific characters in the play," he said.
Why such a delayed international impact?
"Actually, Shekhar Kapur got me a couple of Hollywood films three-four years ago. But I wasn't ready then. Now with the Andrew Lloyd Webber's Bombay Dreams behind me. I'm more confident."
"It's the first time that a musician from the Orient is being called to score in the West regardless of colour and creed. It's not about whether you're an Indian or a foreigner. I was apprehensive whether I could swing it. But it has gone well," he says.
Rahman sees Lord Of The Rings as his natural progression into the West. Bombay Dreams did flash AR Rahman's name. But it was seen as Indian music.
"And I'm proud of that. But Lord Of The Rings is very exciting because it's got nothing to do with my being Indian. Composing for a stage play requires 10 time more energy than a film score," Rahman say matter-of-factly.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Addresses Party Workers At SP Office Amid Cheers
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- BJP Labels SP as Sinking Ship, Demands Akhilesh to Prove Majority
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections