Ronjan Sodhi to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
The double trap expert is the seventh Indian shooter to receive the award, the highest sporting award for athletes in the country.
New Delhi: Double Trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi has been chosen for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the country's highest honour for a sportsperson. He is the seventh Indian shooter to receive the award.
Sodhi, 35, won two silver medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and a gold medal at the 2010 Asian Games. In 2011, he became the first India to successfully defend a World Cup title.
The other Indian shooters to receive the Khel Ratna are: Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra (2001-02), Anjali Bhagwat (2002-03), Lt Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rahore (2004-05), Manavjit Sandhu (2006-07), Gagan Narang (2010-11) and Vijay Kumar (2011-12).
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century