DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ronjan Sodhi to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
The double trap expert is the seventh Indian shooter to receive the award, the highest sporting award for athletes in the country.
New Delhi: Double Trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi has been chosen for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the country's highest honour for a sportsperson. He is the seventh Indian shooter to receive the award.
Sodhi, 35, won two silver medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and a gold medal at the 2010 Asian Games. In 2011, he became the first India to successfully defend a World Cup title.
The other Indian shooters to receive the Khel Ratna are: Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra (2001-02), Anjali Bhagwat (2002-03), Lt Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rahore (2004-05), Manavjit Sandhu (2006-07), Gagan Narang (2010-11) and Vijay Kumar (2011-12).
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia