Rosberg fastest in test, Alonso tries new Ferrari
Mercedes' Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing, while Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Barcelona: Mercedes' Nico Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing Tuesday, while Fernando Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull had the best time until late into the afternoon session when Rosberg unleashed a flying lap of 1 minute, 22.616 seconds.
Kimi Raikkonen followed suit in his Lotus for the day's second quickest time, followed by Alonso with the third-best effort in his first drive with Ferrari's F138 after the Spaniard sat out testing in Jerez.
Alonso was the only driver to do more than 100 laps with 110.Testing will continue in Barcelona through Thursday, with a final test next week before the season-opening Australian GP on March 17.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli