Rosberg fastest in test, Alonso tries new Ferrari
Mercedes' Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing, while Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Barcelona: Mercedes' Nico Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing Tuesday, while Fernando Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull had the best time until late into the afternoon session when Rosberg unleashed a flying lap of 1 minute, 22.616 seconds.
Kimi Raikkonen followed suit in his Lotus for the day's second quickest time, followed by Alonso with the third-best effort in his first drive with Ferrari's F138 after the Spaniard sat out testing in Jerez.
Alonso was the only driver to do more than 100 laps with 110.Testing will continue in Barcelona through Thursday, with a final test next week before the season-opening Australian GP on March 17.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1