Rosberg fastest in test, Alonso tries new Ferrari
Mercedes' Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing, while Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Barcelona: Mercedes' Nico Rosberg was the fastest driver during Formula One preseason testing Tuesday, while Fernando Alonso got in his first laps with Ferrari's new car for 2013.
Defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull had the best time until late into the afternoon session when Rosberg unleashed a flying lap of 1 minute, 22.616 seconds.
Kimi Raikkonen followed suit in his Lotus for the day's second quickest time, followed by Alonso with the third-best effort in his first drive with Ferrari's F138 after the Spaniard sat out testing in Jerez.
Alonso was the only driver to do more than 100 laps with 110.Testing will continue in Barcelona through Thursday, with a final test next week before the season-opening Australian GP on March 17.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence