Rose beats Westwood to win World Golf Final
World number five Rose shot a round of a five-under par 66 to beat the fellow Englishman by one stroke.
Turkey: Justin Rose is $1.5 million richer after defeating fellow Englishman Lee Westwood by one stroke to win the inaugural World Golf Final in Turkey on Friday.
World number five Rose shot a round of a five-under par 66 to hold off Westwood after he moved into a one-shot lead with a birdie on the opening hole and secured victory by holing a 20-foot birdie putt on the 17th.
The prize cheque is the highest-ever in Rose's 14-year professional career and $560,000 more than his winnings in capturing last year's BMW Championship.
World number four Westwood earned a cheque for $1 million for his efforts over the three days in the eight-player event that also included Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker