Rose beats Westwood to win World Golf Final
World number five Rose shot a round of a five-under par 66 to beat the fellow Englishman by one stroke.
Turkey: Justin Rose is $1.5 million richer after defeating fellow Englishman Lee Westwood by one stroke to win the inaugural World Golf Final in Turkey on Friday.
World number five Rose shot a round of a five-under par 66 to hold off Westwood after he moved into a one-shot lead with a birdie on the opening hole and secured victory by holing a 20-foot birdie putt on the 17th.
The prize cheque is the highest-ever in Rose's 14-year professional career and $560,000 more than his winnings in capturing last year's BMW Championship.
World number four Westwood earned a cheque for $1 million for his efforts over the three days in the eight-player event that also included Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion