Rs 1.98 cr house rent due against Meira Kumar
Meira Kumar's office said that the family had vacated the premises in 2002 and had notified all concerned.
New Delhi: A bill of Rs 1.98 crore has been raised by the Estates Department of the Urban Development Ministry against Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar for occupation of 6, Krishna Menon Marg since 1986 after the demise of her father late Jagjivan Ram.
The Department of Estates, in an RTI reply, has given a list of 10 persons including "family members of Late Indrani Devi ie Smt Mira Kumar (sic)" and dues against them for occupation of bungalows.
The list shows Kumar has a pending rent due of Rs 1,98,22,723 for which a bill has been issued, it says.
The department was replying to a query by RTI activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal on pending rent dues towards persons having occupied government premises after losing entitlement.
When contacted for comments, the Speaker's office said, "the family members of Late Smt Indrani Devi, vacated 6, Krishna Menon Marg, New Delhi by 30.11.2002, and intimation in this regard was given to CPWD, NDMC, Director of Estates and other concerned authorities.
"NDMC disconnected water and electricity supply immediately. None of the family members of Late Smt Indrani Devi have, thereafter, been in the occupation of said premises," it said.
Two other persons mentioned in the list--Senior Congress leader Buta Singh and Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Chairman J S Sarma--have "Nil" dues against them, the reply said.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category