Rs 1 Crore in Junked Notes Seized in Thane; 3 Arrested
Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Representative Image (PTI Photo)
Thane: Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Parsik circle in Mumbra township of Thane district at around midnight on Tuesday.
The three persons was planning to get the notes exchanged for new bills. They were later arrested and a case was registered against them under relevant sections, Thane police PRO Sukhada Narkar said.
Police are trying to find out from where did the accused get the junked notes, Narkar said. PTI COR ARS GK
Recommended For You
- Chris Lynn Dislocates Right Shoulder During Trans-Tasman Final
- Super 30: Hrithik Roshan Is Lost In His Character as He Sells Papad on the Streets of Jaipur
- Sridevi's Daughter Khushi Kapoor is a Fashionista in the Making; See Pics
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018