Rs 1 Crore in Junked Notes Seized in Thane; 3 Arrested
Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Representative Image (PTI Photo)
Thane: Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Parsik circle in Mumbra township of Thane district at around midnight on Tuesday.
The three persons was planning to get the notes exchanged for new bills. They were later arrested and a case was registered against them under relevant sections, Thane police PRO Sukhada Narkar said.
Police are trying to find out from where did the accused get the junked notes, Narkar said. PTI COR ARS GK
Recommended For You
- Shami, Umesh, Bhuvneshwar - India's Best Test Battery Ever!
- Tiger Zinda Hai: Salman, Katrina's Swag Is The Only High Point In This Bland Welcome Song
- IFFI 2017: Janhvi, Sridevi, Shahid Steal The Show With Their Stylish Appearances
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank
- Royal Enfield Interceptor and Continental GT 650 Twin Debuts at Rider Mania 2017