Rs 1 Crore in Junked Notes Seized in Thane; 3 Arrested
Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Representative Image (PTI Photo)
Thane: Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Parsik circle in Mumbra township of Thane district at around midnight on Tuesday.
The three persons was planning to get the notes exchanged for new bills. They were later arrested and a case was registered against them under relevant sections, Thane police PRO Sukhada Narkar said.
Police are trying to find out from where did the accused get the junked notes, Narkar said. PTI COR ARS GK
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Graces Vogue Cover With Shah Rukh Khan, Nita Ambani
- JioPhone First Impressions Video Review
- Pro Kabaddi League 2017 Live Scores: Dabang Delhi vs Patna Pirates
- SRK, Aishwarya, Salman: Then-And-Now Photos That Show How Time Flies
- Priyanka Chopra Had 'Best Time' Hosting Global Citizen Festival