DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rs 1 Crore in Junked Notes Seized in Thane; 3 Arrested
Representative Image (PTI Photo)
Thane: Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Parsik circle in Mumbra township of Thane district at around midnight on Tuesday.
The three persons was planning to get the notes exchanged for new bills. They were later arrested and a case was registered against them under relevant sections, Thane police PRO Sukhada Narkar said.
Police are trying to find out from where did the accused get the junked notes, Narkar said. PTI COR ARS GK
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan