Rs 36 crore to boost paddy output
BHUBANESWAR: The State Government has decided to spend Rs 50 crore for increasing the production of paddy and pulses this year und..
BHUBANESWAR: The State Government has decided to spend Rs 50 crore for increasing the production of paddy and pulses this year under the National Food Security Mission.
This was decided at a highlevel meeting presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at the Secretariat on Saturday. Official sources said Rs 36 crore would be spent under different activities to increase the production of paddy. Similarly, Rs 14 crore will be spent on various pulses programmes.
For the 2011 kharif, 34,087 mini kits have been distributed for paddy. Different schemes under the accelerated pulses production programme are being implemented in Balangir, Sonepur, Kalahandi, Nuapada and Rayagada districts.
Agriculture Minister Pradip Maharathi attended the meeting.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test