DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RS polls: CPI denies plans for alliance with other parties
The party says that it will wait and see before making any decisions.
Chennai: CPI on Saturday said it does not have any plans for alliance with other political parties in Tamil Nadu for the June 27 Rajya Sabha biennial elections.
"Till now there is no such alliance or any such thing. As AIADMK is contesting all five seats, they have expressed their inability to give extra votes", Party's national General Secretary Sudhakar Reddy told reporters here.
"So at the moment, no alliance, no adjustments with other parties... We will wait and see how the events unfold in the next three-four days", he said.
Reddy and senior party leader AB Bardhan had recently met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in Delhi to seek the ruling AIADMK's support for its Rajya Sabha candidate.
The party is yet to take a formal decision on renominating D Raja or nominate anyone else as its Rajya Sabha candidate.
The tenure of Raja, along with A Elavarasan, V Maitreyan (both AIADMK), Kanimozhi, Tiruchi N Siva (both DMK) and B S Gnanadesikan (Cong) expires on July 27.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong