RSS regrets Sudarshan's Sonia statement
BJP also said the party's views on the issue were the same as that of the RSS.
New Delhi: The RSS today expressed regret over the controversial statement of its former chief K S Sudarshan against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and again made it clear that it does not represent the views of the organisation.
"As the joint general secretary of RSS, I express my heartfelt deep regrets over the alleged statement (of Sudarshan), which had hurt the sentiments, and the subsequent developments that are unfortunate," Sangh leader Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi said in a statement.
He appealed to all to maintain peace and restraint.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said the party's views on the issue were the same as that of the RSS.
In a statement issued yesterday, RSS leader Manmohan Vaidhya had said that Sudarshan's views were not that of the organisation.
"No discussion on this issue has taken place in the Sangh on this issue and neither does the Sangh have any information on this," Vaidhya had said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology