DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
RTI activist Shehla Masood shot dead in MP
Shehla sat on a fast recently in support of Anna Hazare's 'India Against Corruption' campaign.
Bhopal: A city-based woman RTI activist was on Tuesday shot dead allegedly by an unidentified man in front of her residence in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality, police said.
"Shehla Masood was shot dead around 11 AM when she was sitting in her car," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Adarsh Katiyar said. The motive and details of the killing are awaited, he said, adding a hunt has been launched to nab the assailant.
Shehla, who sat on a fast here recently in support of Anna Hazare's 'India Against Corruption' campaign had also been working on a number of other projects, including wildlife conservation. She was actively involved in raising issues related to the deaths of tigers in the various sanctuaries of Madhya Pradesh.
Known to be a hard worker, Shehla also ran a company called 'Miracles' which used to do various things, including event management.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes