RTI activist Shehla Masood shot dead in MP
Shehla sat on a fast recently in support of Anna Hazare's 'India Against Corruption' campaign.
Bhopal: A city-based woman RTI activist was on Tuesday shot dead allegedly by an unidentified man in front of her residence in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality, police said.
"Shehla Masood was shot dead around 11 AM when she was sitting in her car," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Adarsh Katiyar said. The motive and details of the killing are awaited, he said, adding a hunt has been launched to nab the assailant.
Shehla, who sat on a fast here recently in support of Anna Hazare's 'India Against Corruption' campaign had also been working on a number of other projects, including wildlife conservation. She was actively involved in raising issues related to the deaths of tigers in the various sanctuaries of Madhya Pradesh.
Known to be a hard worker, Shehla also ran a company called 'Miracles' which used to do various things, including event management.
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Shrama Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan