Russia, China veto UN resolution on Syria
The resolution backed an Arab League peace plan that calls for Syrian President Bashar Assad to step down.
United Nations: Russia and China have vetoed a United Nation Security Council resolution backing an Arab League peace plan that calls for Syrian President Bashar Assad to step down.
The other 13 council members, including the US, France and Britain, voted on Saturday in favor of the resolution aimed at stopping the ongoing violence in Syria.
The vote took place as Syrian forces pummeled the city of Homs with mortar and artillery fire that activists say killed more than 200 people in one of the bloodiest episodes of the uprising against Assad's regime.
The UN says more than 5,400 people have been killed over almost 11 months in a Syrian government crackdown on civilian protests.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings