DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Russia: Plane crashlands in Ukraine, 5 killed
The plane missed the landing strip, turned upside down and broke into pieces, a spokesman said.
Kiev: At least five people were killed when an An-24 plane with 45 people on-board made a crash landing and caught fire in Ukraine, the emergencies service said on Thursday. Two people were injured while one was missing in Wednesday evening's incident in the eastern city of Donetsk, the emergencies service's press secretary said.
Thirty-nine people were evacuated before the airliner caught fire. The plane missed the landing strip, turned upside down and broke into pieces, a spokesman said.
The charter flight was carrying football fans from Odessa to Donetsk for a UEFA Champions League game between Shakhtar Donetsk and Borussia Dortmund, the Ukrainskaya Pravda website reported.
An official said the hull of the plane was "badly deformed" and rescuers were unable to reach certain areas. The search and rescue effort ended shortly after midnight Moscow time (2000 GMT).
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics