DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Russian FM quits after President's demand on TV
Russian President had angrily demanded that Kudrin immediately explain criticism of his policies or step down.
Moscow: The Kremlin says Russia's influential finance minister has resigned following a televised confrontation with President Dmitry Medvedev. Medvedev had angrily demanded that Alexei Kudrin immediately explain his criticism of Medvedev's policies or step down.
The open tension within Russia's leadership follows the announcement over the weekend that Prime Minister Vladimir Putin plans to return to the presidency next year and Medvedev would then take his old job as prime minister.
The departure of Kudrin on Monday is likely to unsettle investors, who have seen the fiscally conservative finance minister as key to Russia's economic stability.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?