DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ruthless Ferrer crushes Robredo to reach semi-finals
Ferrer defeated Tommy Robredo 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 at Roland Garros.
Paris: There was no escape this time for comeback king Tommy Robredo as he lost an all-Spanish French Open quarter-final against ruthless fourth seed David Ferrer 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old had recovered two-set deficits in all three of his previous rounds at Roland Garros but Ferrer was rock solid as he thrashed his countryman in one hour 25 minutes.
Ferrer, the second-best claycourter in Spain behind defending champion Rafa Nadal, was all over Robredo from the start, producing a near-perfect display to reach the semi-finals for the second successive year.
World number five Ferrer will face either Roger Federer or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in his first grand slam final.
Recommended For You
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes