Ruthless Ferrer crushes Robredo to reach semi-finals
Ferrer defeated Tommy Robredo 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 at Roland Garros.
Paris: There was no escape this time for comeback king Tommy Robredo as he lost an all-Spanish French Open quarter-final against ruthless fourth seed David Ferrer 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old had recovered two-set deficits in all three of his previous rounds at Roland Garros but Ferrer was rock solid as he thrashed his countryman in one hour 25 minutes.
Ferrer, the second-best claycourter in Spain behind defending champion Rafa Nadal, was all over Robredo from the start, producing a near-perfect display to reach the semi-finals for the second successive year.
World number five Ferrer will face either Roger Federer or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in his first grand slam final.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology