Ruthless Ferrer crushes Robredo to reach semi-finals
Ferrer defeated Tommy Robredo 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 at Roland Garros.
Paris: There was no escape this time for comeback king Tommy Robredo as he lost an all-Spanish French Open quarter-final against ruthless fourth seed David Ferrer 6-2, 6-1, 6-1 on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old had recovered two-set deficits in all three of his previous rounds at Roland Garros but Ferrer was rock solid as he thrashed his countryman in one hour 25 minutes.
Ferrer, the second-best claycourter in Spain behind defending champion Rafa Nadal, was all over Robredo from the start, producing a near-perfect display to reach the semi-finals for the second successive year.
World number five Ferrer will face either Roger Federer or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a place in his first grand slam final.
- Quetta Attack: Why Pakistan's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Quetta Terror: How The Suicide Attack That Claimed Over 60 Lives Panned Out
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity, says Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers; Ram Gopal Yadav Attacks Mulayam