Rwanda's president throws barbs in Twitter feud
Rwanda's president has engaged in a Twitter feud with a British journalist.
Kigali: Rwanda's president has engaged in a Twitter feud with a British journalist who called him "despotic and delusional."
President Paul Kagame traded multiple barbs with Ian Birrell during the exchange on Kagame's official Twitter account.
The tenor of the cross-postings quickly escalated, with Kagame replying 14 times, posting: "Wrong u r ... u have no such right."
Birrell later replied: "It is great (Kagame) engaging with a critic like me on Twitter. Just shame he doesn't allow such debate in Rwanda with his own people."
Kagame is renowned for his role in helping end Rwanda's 1994 genocide during which more than 500,000 people were killed. But international rights groups have questioned his democratic credentials and human rights record.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology