Ryder Cup stars line up for the Avantha Masters
The creme de la creme of European golf, including six Ryder Cup stars, would be in action when the fourth edition of the Avantha Masters tees off next week.
Greater Noida: The creme de la creme of European golf, including six Ryder Cup stars, would be in action when the fourth edition of the Avantha Masters tees off next week at the Jaypee Greens Golf Course here.
Ryder Cup stars Edoardo Molinari of Italy, Ignacio Garrido of Spain, England's David Howell, Frenchman Thomas Levet, Scotland's Colin Montgomerie and Welshman Philip Price would be there at the event tri-sanctioned by the European Tour, the Asian Tour and the PGTI.
Between them, the six have amassed a total of 31 points in the biennial contest, with Montgomerie contributing most to the European cause with 23.5 points won in eight appearances as a player.
Molinari played under Montgomerie's captaincy in Wales in 2010, winning one point out of a possible three as Europe survived a final day fight back to defeat the Americans 14-13. The two-time European Tour champion will be making his debut in the Avantha Masters.
"Part of the joy of playing golf for a living is travelling the world and experiencing new countries and different cultures, so I'm really looking forward to playing in the Avantha Masters for the first time next week," Molinari said.
"I have heard that golf is getting bigger in India all the time, so I'm excited about experiencing the atmosphere and hopefully I can give a good account of myself."
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18