Sir Sachin Tendulkar? Possible if Brown has his way
Brown also wants the honour extended to other leading cricketers.
New Delhi: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has suggested Sachin Tendulkar be honoured with knighthood.
Brown also wants the honours to be extended to other leading cricketers from India and other Commonwealth countries. The move could lead to OBEs, CBEs or knighthoods for the likes of Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev.
Apart from the legendary Donald Bradman, Vivian Richards, who was knighted in 1999, Richard Hadlee, knighted in 1990, and Gary Sobers, who was knighted in 1975, are among players from the more recent past from Commonwealth countries to receive knighthoods.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards