Sir Sachin Tendulkar? Possible if Brown has his way
Brown also wants the honour extended to other leading cricketers.
New Delhi: British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has suggested Sachin Tendulkar be honoured with knighthood.
Brown also wants the honours to be extended to other leading cricketers from India and other Commonwealth countries. The move could lead to OBEs, CBEs or knighthoods for the likes of Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev.
Apart from the legendary Donald Bradman, Vivian Richards, who was knighted in 1999, Richard Hadlee, knighted in 1990, and Gary Sobers, who was knighted in 1975, are among players from the more recent past from Commonwealth countries to receive knighthoods.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test
- Mi Air Purifier 2 Review: Xiaomi's Silent Ninja Against Pollution