Sachin lifts the golden World Cup trophy, again!
An ardent cricket fan presented Tendulkar with a bat, ball, and a trophy weighing 5.1 kg made of 4.5 kg silver and 600 gm gold.
Bangalore: The owner of a city-based gold jewellery outlet had his glitterati moment when he presented a gold coated replica of the World Cup trophy to Sachin Tendulkar yesterday.
T A Sharavana, owner of Sai Gold Palace and ardent cricket fan presented Tendulkar with a bat, ball, and a trophy weighing 5.1 kg made of 4.5 kg silver and 600 gm gold.
Tendulkar and other members of Mumbai Indians were in the city for the match against Royal Challengers Bangalore and obliged to meet this special fan at the hotel where the team is staying. The little master was however taken aback by the gift Sharavana offered.
"I have received many gifts from fans after winning the World Cup. All reflect on their love and affection, but this is quite special," said Tendulkar.
Sharavana said, "Sachin is the golden man of cricket. The gift, through small considering his stature, is from my heart." He also celebrated India's win by offering a holy bath to the idol of Lord Ganesha at the Dodda Ganapathi temple at Basavanagudi.
Quite an effort
According to a beaming Sharavana, 15 goldsmiths toiled for two months to prepare the trophy.
Sharavana said, "I had pledged that I would present this special gift to Sachin after India wins the World Cup. Although several people asked me what if we lost the tournament, but I was sure that we would win, and kept the gift ready."
Sharavana even convened a cricket homa at which JD (S) patriarch H D Deve Gowda offered pooja on behalf of the Indian team just before the final match.
He had also taken Harbhajan Singh to the famous Shani temple in Thyagaraja Nagar when the turbanator was in the city for practice matches before the start of the World Cup tournament.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha