Sachin Tendulkar worships at Lord Venkateswara temple
He offered worship in the traditional manner, wearing a white dhoti and shirt, and also took part in a ritual.
Tirupati: Star batsman Sachin Tendulkar offered worship at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara here in the wee hours on February 2. Tendulkar arrived on a 10-hour maiden pilgrimage on the hills at midnight.
He offered worship in the traditional manner, wearing a white dhoti and shirt, and also took part in the 'Suprabhatha recitation seva' (a ritual), temple sources said. Tendulkar was in the temple for about 20 minutes.
After prayers, Tendulkar was presented with 'laddu' prasadam, holy water and a sacred silk cloth by the temple management while the priests, chanting vedic hymns, blessed him at the ancient Ranganayaka mandapam inside the temple, they said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films