Sachin to recite a Marathi poem in support of Farhan's MARD campaign
Sachin Tendulkar has lent his support for actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar's MARD campaign.
Mumbai: Master cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has lent his support for actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar's 'Men Against Rape and Discrimination' (MARD) campaign.
As a part of this, Sachin will soon record a Marathi translation of a poem written by Javed Akthar at music directors Shankar-EhsaanLoy's studio.
"Sachin is one of the biggest icons of modern India and his support has given us more strength to keep moving ahead in our quest for a gender equal and safe society. I thank him for making the time and am deeply grateful for his presence in this initiative," Farhan said in a statement here.
The poem, penned in Hindi by Farhan's father, has been translated to Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Marathi and other languages.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right