Sad to lose Irfan Pathan: Preity Zinta
The actress talks about the cricketers in her team Kings XI Punjab
Bangalore: Kings XI Punjab co-owner and Bollywood star Preity Zinta said she was disappointed to lose all-rounder Irfan Pathan but glad to buy former Australian wicket-keeper Adam Gilchrist in the first session of auction for the fourth leg of the Indian Premier League (IPL) on Saturday.
Kings XI Punjab went all out to buy their former player Irfan Pathan but faced a fierce fight from Delhi Daredevils. Punjab was in the bidding till $1.8 million before Daredevils grabbed him for $1.9 million.
"Irfan is a wonderful player. He is a great swing bowler and a good batsman. He has a good temperament. He was my favourite player in the team and we wanted to have him. So, we are naturally disappointed, you don't get every player you want to buy," Preity said.
Kings XI Punjab, however, are drawing solace from the purchase of Gilchrist, who led Deccan Chargers to win the second edition of the league. They bought the retired Australian for $900,000.
"Gilchrist is the only reason I am smiling. Adam is an inspiring and fantastic player and he holds his nerves in a tough situation. I have not spoken to him but have exchanged text messages after we bought him," she said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show