Sadhvi seeks temporary bail to perform last rites of father
Sadhvi, along with twelve others, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others.
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, on Monday filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking temporary bail to perform last rites of her father.
"The court has posted the application for hearing on March 6, 2013," said Sadhvi's counsel Ganesh Sovani. Sadhvi's father Chandra Pal Singh died on Saturday in Madhya Pradesh. Sadhvi, along with twelve others, including Lt Col Prasad Purohit, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others, and was booked under MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides relevant sections of IPC.
The trial in the case is yet to commence as the plea of some of the accused challenging invocation of MCOCA in the case is pending before Supreme Court. Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It